Wheels are a customization option in Rocket League. They represent a set of wheels that rest below the Battle-Car body, and each wheel set has a unique rim design and tire treads. Wheels record the distance driven while equipped. Most – but not all – wheels can be painted. Wheels from the crates can either be painted or certified, or even both.
Click on wheels with a paint bucket icon to see their painted variants.
Common wheels must be unlocked by playing the game normally and completing matches. Alchemist, Almas, OEM, Stern and Vortex are already unlocked at the beginning of the game. Painted variants can only be found via Trade in.
- The Armadillo, Cog and Puma wheels are only available on the Xbox One version of the game. Puma can only be equipped on the Hogsticker car, and Armadillo on the Armadillo car. The Puma wheels may well be a reference to Red vs. Blue Season 1.
- The Luigi NSR, Mario NSR and Samus' Gunship wheels are only available in the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
- The Sweet Tooth wheels are only available on the PlayStation 4 version of the game.
Rare wheels can be found as a random drop by completing online matches, or through trade-ups.
- The Gearlock wheels were released as part of a The Fate of the Furious promotion.
Very Rare wheels can only be found in crates.
Import wheels can only be obtained from crates.
These wheels were only available for a set period of time before they were removed from the drop list. However, they can still be traded to other players.
The Goldstone wheels were made available only to players who participated in the Alpha testing of Rocket League, and who also sent out invites to other people to participate in the Alpha. Additionally, they were available to PC players only.
The Carriage wheels were available from October 18th to November 2nd, 2015, for Halloween. They were again available from October 18th to November 4th, 2016. The developers have stated that they will no longer drop in the future.
Competitive Season 3
Players who participated in the Competitive playlists during Season 3 received limited wheels as a reward when the season ended. Wheels were awarded to a player based on the highest rank they reached. These wheels cannot be traded with other players.
The ZT-17 wheels can be obtained by redeeming a code found in limited or rare Original Mini's Pull-Back Racers while the Z-Plate wheels can be obtained by redeeming a code found in super-rare Light-Up Clip-Ons, both from Zag Toys.
RLCS Season 3 World Championship
RLCS Fan Rewards Phase 1
Players who registered for Fan Rewards and watched the RLCS enabled for item drops on Twitch starting from June 2, 2017 to January 28, 2018 could receive this limited items as a random drop during the live broadcast.
RLCS Fan Rewards Phase 2
Players who registered for Fan Rewards and watched the RLCS and RLRS enabled for item drops on Twitch starting from March 10, 2018 could receive this limited items as a random drop during the live broadcast.
RLCS Season 4 World Championship
Competitive Season 6
Players who participated in the Competitive playlists during Season 6 received limited wheels as a reward when the season ended. Wheels were awarded to a player based on the highest season reward level they reached. These wheels cannot be traded with other players.
The following wheels can be randomly obtained by redeeming the codes wrestlemania, wwedads or rlbirthday. The code is valid until December 31, 2018.
RLCS Season 5 World Championship
The SARPBC-10 and Psyonix wheels are available for purchase as part of the 2018 Anniversary event. Both cost 150 "Balloons".
These wheels are only available by purchasing the related DLC for them.
- The Batmobiles and DeLorean Time Machine wheels are licensed wheels. As such, they can only be used with their respective car bodies; they will not appear as a selection for other car bodies.
- Prior to September 8, 2016, the Aftershock wheels recorded the number of epic saves performed instead of the distance driven.
- The The Flash wheels were introduced as part of the 2017 update to the Rocket League Collector's Edition, this wheels in the Collector Edition are classed as of Limited quality.
The Rhino 2's icon has been found in the game's files, but has yet to released as a usable in-game item. It can currently be seen strapped to the back of Road Hog XL as a spare wheel.