Wheels are a customization option in Rocket League. They represent a set of wheels that rest below the Battle-Car body, and each wheel set has a unique rim design and tire treads. Wheels record the distance driven while equipped. Most – but not all – wheels can be painted. Wheels from the crates can either be painted or certified, or even both.
Click on wheels with a paint bucket icon to see their painted variants.
Common wheels must be unlocked by playing the game normally and completing matches. Alchemist, Almas, OEM, Stern and Vortex are already unlocked at the beginning of the game. Painted variants can only be found via Trade in.
- The Armadillo, Cog and Puma wheels are only available on the Xbox One version of the game. Puma can only be equipped on the Hogsticker car, and Armadillo on the Armadillo car. The Puma wheels may well be a reference to Red vs. Blue Season 1.
- The Luigi NSR, Mario NSR and Samus' Gunship wheels are only available in the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
- The Sweet Tooth wheels are only available on the PlayStation 4 version of the game.
Rare wheels can be found as a random drop by completing online matches, or through trade-ups.
- The Gearlock wheels were released as part of a The Fate of the Furious promotion.
Very Rare wheels can only be found in crates.
These wheels are only available in crates.
These wheels were only available for a set period of time before they were removed from the drop list. However, they can still be traded to other players.
The Goldstone wheels were made available only to players who participated in the Alpha testing of Rocket League, and who also sent out invites to other people to participate in the Alpha. Additionally, they were available to PC players only.
The Carriage wheels were available from October 18th to November 2nd, 2015, for Halloween. They were again available from October 18th to November 4th, 2016. The developers have stated that they will no longer drop in the future.
Players who participated in the Competitive playlists during Season 3 received limited wheels as a reward when the season ended. Wheels were awarded to a player based on the highest rank they reached. These wheels cannot be traded with other players.
The ZT-17 wheels can be obtained by redeeming a code find in limited or rare Original Mini's Pull-Back Racer from Zag Toys.
RLCS Season 3 World Championship
RLCS Fan Rewards
RLCS Season 4 World Championship
These wheels are only available by purchasing the related DLC for them.
- The Batmobile and DeLorean Time Machine wheels are licensed wheels. As such, they can only be used with their respective car bodies; they will not appear as a selection for other car bodies.
- Prior to September 8, 2016, the Aftershock wheels recorded the number of epic saves performed instead of the distance driven.
The Rhino 2's icon has been found in the game's files, but has yet to released as a usable in-game item. It can currently be seen strapped to the back of Road Hog XL as a spare wheel.